"How Could I Ask For More?"

A small glimpse into my everyday...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Been around the world and I can't even find myself

Don't worry. I know where my lover is. :)

So, I'm a bad blogger, I guess. I'm trying though! Let's catch up, shall we?

Since the last time we "talked", we've been very busy! On Saturday the 12th, we loaded up the van and went to Tulsa. My Dad and Mom joined us for the trip. We had dinner and stayed the night with my Aunt Mardena and Uncle Bob. We had a great dinner and loads of laughing. Lindsay didn't like sleeping in a strange place so much, but we survived.

Sunday, we went to the Memorial Drive church, the new stomping grounds of our friends Shane & Alice Coffman. He has some pics of our visit here: http://shanecoffman.blogspot.com/2006/08/thanks-for-coming.html, if you are interested. We loved their new church home! And it was so great to see Shane living his dream. Alice made us a wonderful lunch, and then we headed back home.

Sunday night, we went to Incredible Pizza with our connections group for a "back to school bash" for the kids. That, of course, included Mike, who seemed to have a good time. All I have to say about Incredible Pizza is: that place is NUTS.

Mike started back to school on Monday the 14th, though the kids didn't start coming until Thursday. He's loving his job. Enough about him, he has his own blog!!

The kids and I have slowly settled back in to a routine of sorts. It was so nice to have Mike home for the summer. However, I don't feel I accomplished as much when he was home. It was so much more fun to watch movies and travel when he was home! For about 3 days, Joel looked all over the house for Mike. I kept telling him that his daddy was at work. Consequently, from about Thursday on, Joel has made the mental connection that anything he wants but can't have is "at work". Conversations go something like this:

Me: What do you want to eat for breakfast, Joel?
Joel: I need Pizza.
Me: We can't have Pizza for Breakfast, silly. How about some applesauce.
Joel: No pizza. Pizza at work.

We went to the Zoo on Wednesday morning with Zane & Melanie. That was a blast! I'm ready for those Zoo trips to be cooler, though. I didn't get pics at the zoo, but Melanie did. Maybe I can get a couple from her soon... For 2 days after going to the Zoo, Joel kept asking to "go to the zoo with Zane and Memamie". When I told he we couldn't go to the zoo right now, he said... "No zoo, zoo at work."

Thursday evening after the kids were in bed, I went to pick up my mom to go to Kohl's. I love that place. I keep telling my mom they should just give me the stuff it's so cheap. I need to get a job there... Anyway, I got a "nail" the size of Texas in my tire as I was leaving the neighborhood. What a pain. The good news? My tires have a 24 month replacement plan, so on Friday, I drove to the dealership without having to put on a spare tire (I have run-flat tires on the new van) and they replaced the tire for no charge. What a deal!

I took Lindsay to the pediatrician on Friday. She's growing perfectly! She weighed 20.1 lbs and was 28 inches "tall". Also new on the Lindsay front, she's officially weaned. Only took us about 2 weeks to get that taken care of. Cry freedom! :)

Friday night, we spent time with both sets of grandparents. My parents had a back to school-ish dinner for all of my dad's co-workers. It was nice to meet several new workers and nice to chat with those we've known for a while now. They are a great group of people. After dinner, we went to Mike's parents' home for "Pie and Pickin'". Joel enjoyed identifying the bass, guitar, and banjo. He played every instrument, even though we told him not to touch them, and he danced in the circle as they played. What fun!

Saturday, Joel, Lindsay & I went to Quail for the Kids Safety Fair. Joel had a blast jumping in the moon bounces, and Lindsay took lots of notes from the Stranger Danger presentation. Here's a picture of her taking notes:



So, you are essentially caught up. I'm going to try to do better now that school has started. I promise!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home